Tuesday, December 10, 2002

Living Will and Testament

I, Kate Krupnik, being of sound mind and body, do hereby bequeath my heart to a one Mr.Renaissance...

He has [somewhat] offhandedly suggested that we go out for drinks to discuss his latest decision to leave his teaching post, and all of what I "have on my plate" for the future. Per my declaration that I need a change, he suggested that I rent out a cabin in New England where I can just write (in general) and where I can nurture my fetal poetry manuscript (in particular). It seemed that he was taking a more concentrated interest in me. It made me want to kiss him languidly (is there anything more wonderful than feeling you are known by the man you love?).

After having a reality check talk with my ever-faithful consiglieri, Sarahbina, I realized I do have money to have a nice, festive Christmas. I cannot, as she put it, "drop major coin" as I have done in past years, but I can bless my friends with good gifts. We just looked at my budget together, and I realized that I had "pulled a Kate" and overreacted, which for someone so levelheaded, I do quite often.

Gentle Reader, this will, in all likelihood, happen again.

I don't do resolutions, per se, but here are the things I want to be open to in 2003:

1. Submitting a poetry manuscript for publication (relentlessly)

2. A mutual love relationship with Mr. Renaissance (which, of course, is not entirely up to me), not just the idea of it...

3. Reserving more of my emotional energy for things that previously seemed selfish to me (like writing; going out more with Mr. R.--spending less time with others to accomodate this, if necessary)

4. Drinking more water

No comments: