Monday, December 23, 2002

Christmas With The Stars

Almost no one is here; This is the best kind of day to be at work. I have a stack of cds (almost all of which are in deference to the upcoming holiday) to serve as the soundtrack for the assignment I'm presently giving my attention. Mariah Carey is serenading the nearly empty row of cubicles where I sit with "I miss you most (at Christmas time)" and I, of course, am thinking of someone who, while presently in my life, is not truly mine.

I am drinking the first cup of coffee I've had in about a week. Funny how being sick overrides the discomfort of caffeine withdrawal. All I've wanted for days is water, herbal tea, and orange juice--the stuff I should be drinking anyway.

So yesterday I had a small scale nervous breakdown (suffice it to say I tried to shut myself up in the bedroom closet but Sarahbina convinced me to come out). But today I am cozy in a new burgundy turtleneck sweater (early christmas present), listening to Tony Bennett, who is heralding Christmas in Herald Sqaure.

No comments: