Thursday, December 05, 2002

"I Knew The Snow Was Deepening Where You Are..."

The world is white with wonderful (this description is an allusion to one found in one of my former professor's poems)! Everyone home and hunkering down. All the rooftops I see from my window blanketed, pure, symmetrically covered with this cold wil o' the wisp stuff. Wishing on snow stars, pressing steaming mugs of hot chocolate to our cheeks, and watching classic movies that always warm the cockles, etc.

I wish my friends were all able to trudge over to see me (or I, them) for a wintry lunch of stew over rice with buttery biscuits, and then that we could all go out for a romp in our parkas and boots.

Blast it! The snowplow is making a horrific, albeit necessary noise, below and the din it is creating is forcing these beautiful images right out of my head!

Or I wish I had a lovely grey cat with blue eyes who might snuggle with me on the couch while I read a well-crafted yarn and sipped lady's tea and ate Lorna Doone tea cookies.

The possibilities are endless. I am going to shower, put on my best sweater, and add a touch of lipstick to my lips for colour and effect. I will be smashing whether anyone sees me or not.

No comments: