Wednesday, December 04, 2002

Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

As my rather prosaic title suggests, there is snow in the forecast for tomorrow. The accumulation could be serious enough to make my train commute difficult. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I work downtown... not downtown where I live, but another town's downtown, an hour away from my own beloved doorstep. On those mornings I meet a coworker at a hustling bustling train station and continue on to a prominent office building from there. She comes from an even farther distance than I do. We will confer very early in the morning to determine a course of action (i.e., are we reporting to that remote office, in light of the weather, or not).

I wish I were tired enough to sleep, but I didn't rise from my sick bed until about noon today. Even though I am still experiencing the nastiness of a scratchy, constricted throat, and palpable fatigue, I am wide awake. All this is making me decidedly grumpy.

I could stand to be cheered up by more correspondence with Mr. Renaissance.

No comments: