Saturday, December 14, 2002

I've Been Wishing on the Rings of Saturn; Calling on Jupiter and Mars, Praying on 10 Zillion Light Years...

I walked to the library, but did not have a bill or ID card with my current address on it, so I have to go back tomorrow to get a card. At least I know exactly where it is now, and found that like everything else in my neighborhood, it is very accessible to me by foot. I am the consummate pedestrian. I also took the opportunity on my way homeward to go inside the cafe I first noticed some months ago, and look around. It does have seating, though not much. It is the kind of place that is unassuming enough to sit by yourself, but quaint enough to enjoy a latte or cappuccino with a friend. I ordered a delish beverage and got a fat oatmeal raisin cookie (to go, this time since I was just exploring).

I picked up my place in Anne Lamott's Traveling Mercies, which has strengthened my enjoyment of her writing, and read several pages before taking a hiatus to do Christmas cards, which I am proud to say, I have already mailed.

No comments: