Friday, December 27, 2002

Because I'll Never Hold the Picture of the Whole Horizon in My View

Caryl came in with me to work yesterday; we were both so tired, having gotten almost nil sleep the night before. We were only able to stick it out for half a day, so we left early and went to see Two Weeks Notice, and then headed to a popular cul de sac in the city to meet a dear friend for fresh mex food.

I finally made it home at about 7:10 in the evening (having parted ways with Caryl on the Subway), and proceeded to look over the mail (a "thanks-but-no-thanks" letter from a company I applied to 3 or 4 months ago, a bill, and a postcard from one of those video/cd clubs), steep tea, and wrap up a few ad hoc presents I purchased for Sarah.

I talked briefly with Sassafrass Teawrap, and afterward I spent some time in prayer and worship. This morning, I am back on the job, a styrofoam cup of coffee at my side, and the beautifully repeating refrain "because I'll never hold the picture of the whole horizon in my view; because I'll never rip the night in two..." swelling and soaring in my ears... because I'll never.....because I'll never.....

I do not see all of what is transpiring in my life to make my story what it is going to be, so I am going to divest myself of the burden of trying to make it all make sense.

I am better rested, but still needing more sleep, I am hopeful in a quiet sort of way. No pyrotechnics, no off the charts excitement, just in a state of belief for the things I desire.

No comments: