Friday, December 06, 2002

Leaving Me With Nothing To Disdain

After two days at home I only have one thing to show for it: Cabin Fever. I was relieved to awaken at 3:45 and leave my confining apartment for the cold, icy-ish sidewalks, and the drafty train that would convey me to my miserable little job for which I am eternally grateful. What did I do yesterday? I made some bread (bread maker), linen laundry, and wrote some tired little paragraphs for my stupid little book, and then I went to bed at 7 p.m. I received a phone call at about 8, so I didn't sleep until about 11, really. It ended up being one of those bury your head in the sand days.

At least here at work, I had some catch up stuff to do (out two days being just sick enough to be uncomfortable, but not truly miserable), so I was able to hit the ground running with budgets, forms, and camera-ready packages. At least it's pay day and I leave at 3:30 (so I will be home by 6:30).

I have been asking myself a question. "Kate," I say "What do you really want right now?"

Kate would like to drink a series of alcholic beverages and then go out slowdancing with a charming, sinister stranger.


No comments: