Sunday, July 24, 2005

The Weekend in Review

On Friday night Caryl and I had a very sitcom-esque evening. Cue the chickflick and Chinese Take out (Mongolian Beef for me; General Tso's Chicken for her). After the movie ended, I went to the gym. It was only an hour before closing, but that was plenty of time to get in my elliptical fix. I stopped short of my goal though, because I felt a slight tightness in my chest. I knew it wasn't pathological, but I also assessed that I should not keep going. Burning 300 calories seemed respectful enough, so I disembarked and headed on back home.

Saturday, Caryl had to work. I took the morning to do laundry, scrub down the bathroom and kitchen, and do general tidying. Since my sister met up with a friend after she left the office, I had the better part of the afternoon/early evening to myself, too, so I went to the gym for a full elliptical workout and lifting session.

When Caryl returned from her paddleboat outing at the Harbor, we were so happy to see each other; we were talking animatedly, jumping on the freshly made bed, and listening to America's Greatest Hits (Horse With No Name, Ventura Highway, Tinman, etc.).

At about 9, Sarah and Michael came to get me. We went out for Rita's. I got a raspberry gelatti. We finalized plans for Caryl and I to help Michael move into Sarah's apartment today...

This morning, I went to the 9 o'clock service since Michael was expected to show up at my place at about 11, but it was pushed back to 12:30, so I went to the gym and had a great aerobic workout. I love to sneak it in whenver I can. I received a notice in the mail yesterday that it's time to renew my membership. The 50 dollars I spent when I joined in April (good through the end of August) is the best money I've ever spent. A sound investment. I can't wait to write them a new check.

No comments: