Friday, July 22, 2005

Touch and Go...

I noticed that I felt run down last night as I was starting my workout. I managed to complete the alloted time at the gym, but before the hour was over, I also noticed that my throat felt a little, well, questionable...

Throat maladies have been more common for me in recent years, and I immediately started to worry, because I don't have the luxury, time-wise of taking off work to go to the doctor. Obviously, I would just prefer to be well. When I'm ill, I'm a complete grouch, because the one thing I hate more than anything else is being incapacitated. Talk about feeling powerless.

I prayed that with water, good rest, and nutritous food (and herbal tea) that this whole thing will just pass.

I'm no worse for wear this morning, though I feel the wannabe bug lingering. I'm hoping that the hibiscus brew I drank, all the water I plan on drinking, and the honey I put in my oatmeal (honey has tremendous healing properties) will stave off the beast.

Send me good thoughts, and if you're the praying kind, please do!

Happy Friday, everybody!

No comments: