Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Relieved

I am so ready to be going back to work. Too much time off can be disorienting, and I find that I need the comfort of my daily routine to help refocus my healthy eating and exercise efforts. Eating is very contextual, and it is easier for me to get enough water and eat only when I'm hungry when my day is shaped around the context of the office.

I got in two walks yesterday and two high-impact aerobic routines (via fitness DVD), but I was largely bored (having absolutely no plans yesterday), and for me that often leads to phantom hunger pangs. Defacing my coffee table also frustrated me. Even though something will be done about it, I couldn't do anything about it yesterday, which made me feel powerless. All of my clothes are too big to wear, yet I know that between water-retention and indulgences last weekend, there was no loss, but an apparent gain. I just can't totally psych myself out about this weighing thing. It doesn't matter that I know the scale can be deceptive at times. It made me feel like complete crap.

Money is going to be ridiculously tight until my next pay period (rent!), and I'm starting behind, because money from that next check is largely commandeered already.

Okay, enough of this! I need some perspective...anyone have any?

No comments: