Thursday, July 21, 2005

Back to Basics...

I have really slacked off where water intake is concerned. I'm still not drinking other beverages (except unsweetened, usually, hot tea), but I think I may be dehydrated, so I'm going to try being intentional about water again and seeing if that doesn't help things along.

Caryl joined me last night at the silent & sung prayer service, but I went on to the Graduate Christian Fellowship meeting alone. Over the course of the evening, via prayer request, or conversation, I found out that two regular attendees, both of whom are white, are having a difficult time with acceptance by their families because they are dating people who are not white, or the other person's family cannot accept it...

Some of you may remember my post on the glass ceiling in the Christian Community from a few weeks ago, and while I think that definitely still exists, I was heartened that two believers in this specific community have not let race stand in their way when following their hearts. It amazes me that Christian parents would put race/nationalistic concerns above the will of God for their children. How can Christians not be open to others, if for no other reason, than the very edicts and tenents of their own faith?!

My favourite lame excuse is "We just want to protect you from what others will say, do, think..." Bull. at the heart of such disapproval is straight up prejudice/racism.

Okay, totally unrelated. I think it would be so cool to date a cop.

No comments: