Sunday, July 17, 2005

Gratitude

My worries, of late, have been legion. But, in remembering the scriptures, I come back to one truth. Gratitude to God for what He has already accomplished in my life is the antitode to worry.

I have decided that regardless of the managament company's response to my resident complaint letter, I will be grateful for my apartment, which was and is a gift from God.

I have decided that regardless of what the scale says, I will believe that God is in this process of weight-loss with me, and that my body is changing. I will eat as well as I can as much as I can, but I will not cease to live, and as an expression of gratitude toward the Lord, I will enjoy the bounty of his provision also by partaking of delicacies from time to time, and recieve those, too, as a gift He has given me to delight me.

I have decided that regardless of my boss's decision regarding a nominal acknowledgment of my seniority at work, I will not put my confidence in any man's recognition of my efforts, but will trust in God's justice to prevail in my life at exactly the right time.

No comments: