Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I dreamed, among other things, that I was weighed at a shopping mall...by a woman with one of those scales you might find in a doctor's office. The weight she told me is 20 pounds less than what I currently weigh (in the waking world). And I even asked her... "don't you mean ___lbs?" She assured me that she was correct. I guess it's just my mind's way of telling me that I am making progress.

I put my scale away last night. If I didn't, I knew I would just keep weighing myself, and everyone agrees that that is antithetical to progress. It's good to have on hand, but it's still too soon for me to have it out all the time.

The morning is just beginning, but I am in a terrific mood. I'm wearing some clothes my sister lent me, and because they fit, I look significantly thinner. In the latest issue of O magazine there is an article on "the last ten pounds" (I have much farther than that to go) and the toll that psychological battle takes on women. The advisors at this panel advised some of the women to think long and hard about what that last ten pounds would mean...were they really committed...did they even need to lose it? etc.

Today is the first full day of Caryl's and my bus commuting life. Yesterday evening things worked out (the buses actually came and on time), so here's to hoping the trend continues.

No comments: