Saturday, July 09, 2005

Salt

During one of my less "inspired" workouts this week (I stopped before the time I'd allotted had run out; I was too exhausted and felt my body shutting down), I noticed something. When I went to swig my water before getting off the elliptical, it tasted like pure salt.

Later this week, when donning a shirt for a workout (that I'd also worn to the gym earlier in the week), I noticed a white ring on the front of it that vaguely outlined the area where my bra begins...and I wondered if this white ring could be some kind of salt deposit...is that even possible?

In any case, this has been a banner week for me where fitness is concerned. I've doubled up on workouts many days, going both to the gym and then doing both aerobic and strengthening routines at home. I don't know what I weigh yet, but I know there has been a loss.

The coffeetable thing was a bust. A "representative" of the furniture company did come out--stuttering and mumblemouthed though he was. From what I could glean, it seems that this particular kind of damage is the kind I would be charged for, because it would require a complete resanding and restaining of the table. I asked him what, exactly, the "furniture protection" I had paid for was good for. He didn't really have an answer for me. So, I think what he said is that someone is going to call me at some point and figure things out.

It was a complete waste of my time to arrange to work from home yesterday. But... I couldn't have known that would be the case.

Something new on the horizon: I am visiting a church that is walking distance from my apartment tomorrow morning. I've been there once previously, in May of 1998 for a wedding. I went out walking on Monday evening, and realized that this might be a better option for me than basing my church attendance on whether or not I have cab fare.

No comments: