Monday, July 11, 2005

Caught a bit of VH-1's "40 Most Awesomely Bad Break-up Songs" this weekend. In the top 10 were several classics, including Chicago's "You're a Hard Habit to Break," Michael Bolton's "How Am I Supposed to Live Without You?", and Toto's "I'll Be Over You." I tell you, I love each of these songs, without irony or apology.

When I say I love them, I don't mean that any one of them is an overarching favourite of mine, but more that at different points in my life, each of them has been a fitting recap of my non-existent love relationships, in some way shape or form, and for that reason alone, holds a special place in my heart.

The funniest thing about these VH-1 roundups are the c-list celebrity commentaries. Seriously, I could watch those things all day....

On the horizon: I'm mobilizing to move. When I make changes, I like to make several all at once. In the immediate P.G. era, everything is up for grabs. I'm soon to be a different girl, and that can only be good.

No comments: