Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Came across this coffee tidbit this morning... explains a lot about a certain Coffeeshop Monopoly's brew...not that I am a slave to Java any longer, but you know...

I am so glad that Friday is pay day because it means I can replenish my dwindled supply of fruits and fresh vegetables. Last night for dinner I had toaster waffles, which are not that bad at 210 calories for a serving of two, and 100 extra with syrup added, but still. After the gym (and the workout rocked last night. I stayed in the zone!)I had a smoothie, said waffles, and broccoli. You don't have to say it. I know. Gross. And weird. And what?

So frustrated with the scale right now! It is not telling me the same thing that my clothes are. This past week it read exactly what it read two weeks ago. I can understand that it's reading isn't always accurate, and I know about building muscle, and blah, blah, blah... but I think in terms of quantifiable, measurable achievement. For me to not see the scale validating what I can feel drives me nuts.

I've worked out every day for the last 7 or 8 days. Wednesday will be my day off of any kind of workout. I have two evening engagements (prayer at church, then Bible Study) back to back. Balance is still key, and a night that I can devote to spiritual things will provide a contrast to physical stuff.

Have a meeting in about an hour that I so don't want to go to...

I need some excitement or something. I really enjoyed that period a while back where I had a social engagement almost every night. That pace was good for me. It kept me mentally engaged. A lack of external stimulation is absolutely the worst for me.

No comments: