Sunday, July 03, 2005

Long Weekend Post

Starting Thursday night through this morning, I was with Sarah celebrating her birthday. On Friday we tooled about town, trying new, fabulous restaurants, getting manicures, and running errands. We (Michael joined us by this point) finished off her 30th with dinner at The Helmand. After all this delectable food, we went back to her apartment to open up her presents and to eat cake.

The next day we spent in Havre de Grace riding on the Skipjack Martha Lewis, eating homemade ice cream at the Bomboy (yes, bom BOY)ice cream shoppe (I got a single scoop of Raspberry Truffle), and dining in the evening at Aquatica. It isn't much to look at from the outside, but inside the decor is very tasteful, and the food far exceeded my expectations. Sarah's coworker's son is the chef and owner of this jewel of the Chesapeake. We began with the baked brie, mussels, and the Crab, spinach, and artichoke dip. Michael got the Tillapia, Sarah the stuffed Mahi-Mahi, Nigel (Sarah's longtime friend) the Delmonico, and I the Chicken Aquatica. A lovely, unassuming Shiraz complemented the food, and we rounded out the experience by sharing in Sarah's complimentary banana bread pudding dessert.

I opted to spend one more night at Sarah's place. Now that I have become accustomed to having company at the apartment, I didn't want to come back to my place to spend the night alone. Caryl is away for the weekend. But I knew I'd have to face the music eventually, so this morning before their day at the Science Center, Sarah and Michael dropped me off at my place. I immediately dressed for a workout and headed over the gym to pay for all my indulgences this weekend.

Now I'm accustomed to being back here at my little place with no one else around.

No comments: