Sunday, July 10, 2005

I checked out the "casual" service at 2nd Presbyterian on St. Paul street this morning. It was very non-threatening, very basic. I want to try out the traditional service next week at 11 to figure out which one of the two I'd prefer. I suspect I'll get more out of the traditional one. I'm just not feeling very inspired or challenged by Church lately... I don't know if 2nd Pres is going to provide that jump start or not, but the church is accessible to me, and it does have resources that could benefit me. For example, on Wednesday nights they feature a silent and sung prayer service. I'd like to go sometime, maybe even this week before Graduate Christian Fellowship.

I am so tired of feeling disenfranchised where the community of faith is concerned. I feel very strongly that I need to find a credible body of believers to which I can belong, and with whom I can serve.

No comments: