Friday, July 29, 2005

Let's just get this out of the way, first thing. The workout was lame last night. I went through the day with a crazy amount of energy (reserves, I think, because I don't usually work out on Wednesdays), so I thought I was going to sail through it, totally in the zone. I don't think I saw a glimpse of the zone last night. My body just couldn't do it.

I went home dejected and ate my fish fillet and asparagus feeling like none of it really mattered.
I'm supposed to be going out to eat dinner in Little Italy tonight, and I'm just not looking forward to having to negotiate some highly caloric meal. For those who struggle with weight, food is such a double-edged sword. Sometimes I hate that I even need to eat. But then, I deeply appreciate the aromas, the textures, the complexity of tastes that so many foods boast. It's not about mere consumption. It's a sensual experience. In any case, I'm not in a terrific frame of mind about it just now.

I'm starting Ediets today, so I should meander on over to their site and get set up.

No comments: