Sunday, July 31, 2005

the standoff has come to an end (and the scale I bought is probably defective)

Sarah came to get me early this morning so we could collapse the necessity of shopping for groceries with some hang time. I regaled her with the anecdote of my underarms' unfortunate encounter with Nair yesterday afternoon (they are still in recovery) on our way to the wholesale club.

Before heading out to a sushi lunch, we dropped off her groceries and mine at her apartment. She commented that I looked thinner, even, than I did last week, so I weighed myself on her scale (the scale I'd been weighing myself on since I started this weight loss process, until I got my own two weeks ago)...I was delighted to see that I am 5 pounds lighter than I thought I was!

So, while I do think there was something of a small scale (no pun intended) plateau in place, the psychological damage of weighing myself on an inaccurate scale cannot be discounted. My sister told me she thought it was off when she weighed herself because it gave her a much higher reading than seemed right to her.

After Sarah brought me back home and I put away all my wares, Caryl and I did the Hampden strip (We hadn't been since she got here two months ago!). Cabs were scarce when we were ready to head back home, so we walked it. Not too bad. It's significantly cooler today than it was last week, for which I was extremely grateful.

For dinner, we made a meal of portabella burgers and spinach salad. I signed up for EDiets on Friday morning, but have found it hard to eat according to the meal plan so far because my weekend has featured three meals out. It should be much easier to stick to consistently during the week. I did manage to eat the recommended lunch on Friday, breakfast and lunch on Saturday, and a revised version of the suggested breakfast this morning, though. I figure it this way: it's more about varying what I'm eating enough for my body to get enough of what it needs, so any variations on the reccommended themes should still work out well.

We'll see. I'll try it for a month, but I may be doing well enough on my own afterall.

No comments: