Monday, July 18, 2005

Million Dollar What?

Finally got around to watching "Million Dollar Baby," via Netflix delivery yesterday evening. The film, though well acted, was unnecessarily defeatist, esp. for a boxing drama. I like gritty reality, loose ends, and tough choices as much as the next person...but I felt set up by this film for one thing, and got handed something different at the end. Many would say this is effective filmmaking. I thought it was non-triumphant. I won't say more for the benefit of those who are planning to, but have yet to see it.

Gratitude item of the day:

Michael called last night. Because he has business in the city at about 7:30 this morning, he is giving Caryl and me a ride in...our carpooling gravy train ended on Friday afternoon, officially, so when he called last night to ask if we'd like one more ride, the answer was easy...

No comments: