Thursday, April 21, 2005

Working From Home

Because I'm in residence today, I was able to go to gym first thing, and it was awesome. I wish I could do it this way everyday. And the temp outside is perfect at 6 a.m., so I even walked around for a bit to cool down before coming back to the apartment.

Last night in my Contemporary American Writers class we had a visiting author with us, and it was so exciting listening to her describe her writing process. It gave me pause to thing about my languishing would-be Harlequin manuscript. I didn't trash it, but I might rework it. Make it something real.

I'm so excited to host my poetry group tonight. We are having mini quiche, sweet potato, corn, and kale chowder, olive tapenade, hummus, crackers, chicken salad, pepper jack cheese and we're going to drink orange mango juice from my jewel-toned martini glasses. What a perfect day!

No comments: