Tuesday, April 05, 2005

I am not taking any classes this summer. I have decided, instead, to devote the months of May(the better part of May anyway), June, July, and August exclusively to fitness and writing. I am going to join a gym, buy some 3lbs. weights, a flex ball, a mat for stretching, and some tension bands. I will gradually increase my walking pace and distance until I get up to maybe 4 miles in 40 minutes. At this point, I am walking two miles in about that time.

I purchased a cookbook that features recipes that prevent breast cancer. I was thumbing through it last night, and saw a delightful one that features broccoli and soy beans. Last night I dreamt that Sarah and I were at the market buying soy milk, poring over the different kinds. This is based on a real event. On Sunday afternoon at the market in her neighborhood, I was debating buying soy milk, but was put off by the fat content in it. Right now I'm doing skim, and since I have no lactose intolerance issues, I wasn't sure what the actual benefit would be to me.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

No comments: