Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Alanis Morisette's "Under Rug Swept" was my public transportation commute soundtrack this morning. I hadn't listened to the album in toto for several months and remembered that it very much fits "where I am" these days, so I popped it into the discman. Speaking of the discman, I so have to get an ipod by mid-June. Working out with a portable cd player is a real hassle.

Now that I'm at the office I've popped in a Charlie Parker disc. Jazz is my preference when I'm working. Vocals, as much as I hate to admit it, really are distracting, because I want to stop and sing and really enjoy the nuances of each word. Jazz also helps my concentration, as long as its real jazz, not musak (or "smooth") jazz.

Skipped the gym last night to work on a paper for Contemporary American Writers class. I finished it (for all intents and purposes), but struggled to feel okay about not working out at all last night, save for a brief interlude of lifting my 3-pound free weights. Again, I will be so glad when this semester is over so that I can go to the gym more frequently.

Well, better get to work. I have a stack of stuff to edit, and it's not going to get done all by itself.

No comments: