Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Another step in the process...

Filled out application and paid fee for membership at the university fitness center directly across the street from my apartment. Things are about to get kicked into high gear.

Have been processing, emotionally, the implications of my outing last night. Not that the outing itself was emotional, but more, I guess, the associative properties of the affiliations that are represented in my friend group, and the way I feel impacted today, on the other side of it.

This is a pretty serious little dust cloud of feeling that's been kicked up. It's not bad, but it's there, and I need to sort through it.

It's funny. When I was a little girl I couldn't wait to have adult problems and adult concerns. I felt that I would handle them so much better than the grown ups I knew were dealing with their issues. Yeah. not so much.

No comments: