Friday, April 22, 2005

Tabouleh and Chicken Salad Leftovers

Last night's poetry group was very successful. It was my first time hosting and it made me feel good that the women really enjoyed the food I bought and that my apartment made a nice impression. Even though yesterday was definitely a work day, being at home allowed me to intersperse cleaning and prep for the festivities in with my job responsibilities.

I got very helpful feedback on the two poems of mine that we discussed, and now I am waiting for Sarah's weigh in before I proceed to rework the pieces. I am so excited to revise because I know the poems are going to be so much better. Obviously, now I am beginning to write with my thesis in mind, and I am sure these pieces will be included in that body of work.

I brought in a good helping of tabouleh and chicken salad for lunch today. I ate it all; I was hungrier than I thought. Speaking of food, there was a Stoney Field Smoothie promotion at Penn Station this morning, and when the bus driver stopped there, we were accosted by a rep who unloaded a bunch of 4-packs of the stuff on any willing recipients. The delay was enough that I missed my connection, but I did get four smoothies out of it, so I have breakfast/snacks for a good bit of next week. Life is always a trade-off.

Nothing much is on my plate... just going to the gym tonight and watching a movie before crashing, then waking up and going back to the gym tomorrow morning. I can feel a real difference in my legs, especially. I had a dream last night that was wearing a new pair of jeans that got progressively bigger on me as time passed.

No comments: