Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Swingin' Jazz for Hipsters...

Is my raisin bran-eating soundtrack on this sunny, springtime morning. I can feel the lifting I did last night in my arms and back. I opted for the truncated gym workout and just did 20 minutes on the elliptical, then came home and worked with my 3-pound weights.

I finished watching 21 Grams, which was okay. I really enjoyed both Insomnia and Dog Day Afternoon, but I'm cycling off the Al Pacino flicks for the time being. Next to be sent to me is Woman, Thou Art Loosed, based on the book by the Reverend T.D. Jakes. I never read it, but my mother really enjoyed it. I am curious to see how a book of spiritual principles translates to film.

Finally, I switched the cds in my portable carrying case. It's like the changing of the guard! I took out the pop, rock, and rap and have put in a lot of jazz, folk, and soul.

No comments: