Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Little Earthquake

Received a forward from him today, the source of whom was his gf. As I was scrolling down to get to the content, I saw the originator. I did not care to read further, so I deleted the entire thing.

I was not the only recipient, so I understand that it was in no way personal, for good or bad, but it was more than I could bear.

Sometimes when one sustains a significant physical injury there is a point at which one might feel fine, up to old challenges, ready to get back in the game, and so does. However, the moment there is any pressure (even just a little) put upon that wound, the agony is unbearable, and the 2nd tear can be much worse than the original.

I am not ready to be tested even on the finer points of this lesson. It was all I could do not to ask him to refrain from contacting me again. But then I would have to explain why, and I know I'm not ready to do that.

Well... I did get a good poem out of it.

No comments: