Wednesday, April 27, 2005

The Shape of Things

I enjoyed class tonight in a way that I haven't in a while. My instructor's classes are always heady, always pregnant with intellectual stimulation, but tonight I didn't feel internally harried the entire time, I wasn't freezing for once, and there was the added bonus of having a visiting writer for the second week in a row. The change of pace has done wonders for my concentration.

It was a struggle to even do 20 minutes at the gym tonight. Skipping more than one day between visits makes it difficult to keep up the momentum. I felt disheartened by the fact that I did nearly 40 minutes on Sunday and burned almost twice the calories that I did tonight. At this rate, maybe it would be better if I did a solid 10 minutes every day than this up and down business. Any thoughts on this?

Save for the 1/3 of a nutrition bar that Serpico (I'll refer to the guy I mentioned who says "the nicest things about me" this way since he has a bit of that look going on)shared with me, I didn't eat any dinner. The schedule on class nights makes it hard to work in dinner until after 8:30. When I got in tonight it just seemed too late to bother with all that stuff.

In any case, after I took off my workout gear I noticed a new definition to my shape I haven't seen in years. An emerging small of back.

No comments: