Monday, April 11, 2005

With Fingernails That Shine Like Justice...

My nail polish is peeling off in a most unattractive way. Lately, I've been taking the time to keep my nails in good shape, and I've discovered that I really like the way I feel when I feel good about my hands. Anyway, when I get home from work tonight, because I suddenly have dinner plans with Mr. Barnes and Noble (g's friend greg, unintentional bearer of bad news), it is imperative that I do something about them quickly. I would normally take the time to leisurely remove the old polish and apply a new coat during the primetime UPN line up, but I have to deal with this before I go out.

I mean, it's just dinner with someone who doesn't even yet qualify as a friend of mine, but my nails look bad... and besides, let's be honest, he will probably share some information about our time with his compadre, my former love... I don't want to have unattractive hands. I know this won't even matter to him or anybody else, but it really matters to me.

Besides, in other ways, I look the best I've looked in years. I've lost a total of 24 pounds, and it's starting to be apparent to other people. I totally met my goal of losing 5 pounds since my last weigh-in, and I'm feeling great. Again, my nails can't look sucky when this is the case!

I hope I can persuade my dinner companion to go to the One World; I really want their miso soup and spinach salad... details to follow....

No comments: