Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Art Blakely & The Jazz Messengers

I've only listened to the "Indestructible" cd by AB & The JM once in the year or so that I've had it, so I found it on the shelf and brought it in this morning, along with the classic "Birth of the Cool," which is so iconic you should know it's Miles Davis even if you don't like jazz.

I left class in an insanely good mood last night. My final poem of the semester went over exceptionally well, my classmate/new hangout buddy suggested another outing, though there is no firm plan in place because I told him I had to wait to try out the Helmand (Afghan cuisine) until I have more disposable income, and I learned from another classmate that one of the guys in my Wednesday class always says the nicest things about me... Now this guy...well, let's just say I've come to look forward to our banter every week. Hanging out with him would not be the worst thing that's ever happened to me!

The week's almost over, and save for Sunday night, I haven't worked out once. I think I'm going to the gym after class tonight whether I feel like it or not!

No comments: