Wednesday, September 01, 2004

"I believe in the power of Echinacea to stop a cold in its tracks." Catchka

I went to WholeFoods yesterday, late morning, and bought a box of Echinacea Complete Care tea bags. I felt remarkably better as I drank a cup of it. I had another cup at home last night, and am steeping a cup now. I will drink it before any coffee enters my system this morning.

My stomach was also unsettled last night, to the point that I wondered if I was really coming down with something more than a stuffy head. So far so good. Staved off illness for now.

My mood drastically improved as the day wore on and was made even better by the e-mail I received from the Poetry Workshop Instructor. If her e-mail list is all inclusive, it seems that there are only about 5 people in the class. We each have to bring seven copies of a poem we want to workshop on Thursday. My goodness! It's actually beginning...

I also received a stellar letter from my friend Holly,who sent me part of a promotional advertisement which captured the sentiment of a father's love for his young daughter. She wanted me to know that that is how God feels about me. It was unexpected and delightful. Thanks Holly!

At this point, I'll be enjoying my birthday come what may.

Caught a little of the Republican convention (I don't usually like dog and pony shows, even when it's my party)and was actually riveted by Arnold S's (not even going to pretend I can spell his last name on the fly, first thing in the morning)sentiments. How often can one say that?

No comments: