Saturday, September 04, 2004

Birthday Bonanza

My morning began quietly, with me alone in my little city apartment just as I envisioned. I woke up at about 8 to hear "My One and Only Love" from "The Gentle Side of John Coltrane" album streaming from my computer speakers. I immediately padded to the kitchen and made tropical vanilla coffee, then went to turn on the shower, letting it run for a while to make sure it got nice and hot.

I put on my favourite outfit--very worn, somewhat torn, flare-legged jeans, my white button down shirt, my big, thin hoop earrings, and my red velvet newsboy cap. I added mascara and shadow to my eyes,finishing with a vanilla flavoured gloss coat over my medium brown lipstick. Then, because it had to be done, I blasted Chaka Khan's "I'm Every Woman," which is the anthem of my 30s, I've decided. At about 11, Sarah and Michael showed up....

I will be posting pictures soon, but I can tell you that I was the recipient of some pretty marvelous presents from Sarah and Michael (not linked is the red currant scented pillar candle and two cool sets of notecards), not to mention these from Catchka.

After opening presents, we headed here for a delectable lunch (I had the shrimp tetrazini).

It's only about ten minutes passed 6 now. I still have six hours left. Who knows what can still happen....

No comments: