Friday, September 03, 2004

On the Eve of 31

One thing I forgot to mention... there are no men in my poetry workshop class, which is not totally unexpected, but is something of a bummer. A low grade one. Here's to hoping that there are at least a few in my 20th Century World Literature course, which due to the truncated first week of classes, I have yet to attend.

I just gave the Spider Mums some more food; I hope they make it through the holiday weekend. I am dreading coming in on Tuesday morning having to confront their death scene.

As things have turned out, I have no plans tonight, and while I was disappointed by that initially, I can see that it actually gives me an opportunity to clean up the apartment, work on my novel, to nurture myself on my last night as a 30 year old.
I am going to be actively grateful for the fact that I reached most of my goals from last year, and start thinking up new ones. See post from 9/16/03 below:

The Long-Awaited List of Goals (that everyone must formulate shortly after his or her 30th birthday)

I. By this time next year to have my comparably paltry debt [mostly]obliterated.

a. must accomplish this by completely revamping spending habits.
1. must accomplish this by starting a savings account.
2. must support savings account by putting in all money I would otherwise frivolously spend on items with no long-term value.

II. By this time next year to have new furniture that I actually like.

a. new spending habits may or may not facilitate this goal.

III. By this time next year to have settled church membership issues.

a. must accomplish this goal by continuing to pray and visit as many places as possible.

IV. By this time next year to have worked hard enough to get a raise.

a. must accomplish this goal by continuing to work tirelessly at job, being of the mindset that integrity and a solid work ethic are integral to character development.

V. By this time next year to have enrolled in grad program, pursuing an MFA or MA in English Literature/Creative Writing.

a. must accomplish this goal by researching entry requirements and by saving money (see goal I).

No comments: