Thursday, September 02, 2004

I bought some beautiful Spider Mums from Whole Foods yesterday afternoon. I wasn't thinking about them, I guess, because when I walked into my cubicle this morning, I was delighted to find them brightening up my area--as though they were a surprise gift from someone. Sometimes, you just have to make your own joy, and fresh flowers are a wonderful way to do that.

I slept to the backdrop of "The Gentle Side of John Coltrane," The CD Gordon gave me for my birthday last year. It is so soothing, and the the titles of the songs seem to tell a story. "Soul Eyes," "Nancy with the Laughing Face," and "My One and Only Love."

While I worked on the Novel (before bed, obviously) I listened to Ella's "Like Someone In Love," which is the album I gave G for his 29th birthday, which is soothing, but in a different way. These two discs are actually very compatible. I do love Jazz.

My hair is looking good; I asked my stylist to give me a "glorified trim." I needed a cut as my hair was growing out of its shape, but I wanted the full, "moppish" look. The result? Well the men of Baltimore city are in a tizzy. Actually, just the three I saw this morning who gave me appreciative looks. I'm not going to lie. It feels good to know you can turn a man's head at 6:50 a.m.

No comments: