Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Kafkaesque

The instructor has given us a lens through which to view,analyze, and decode other 20th century writers he has chosen. We will filter everything through Kafka's Trial. The first 87 pages are to be read by next Tuesday. I don't have my books yet, and have a busy weekend ahead. I am also waiting for the balance of my loan disbursement. I may just have to get this one book for now to ensure I'm prepared with my question/problem to submit for the next class.

I don't have poetry workshop on Thursday, so if I can get this book, it would be an ideal time to get some reading for 20th century done. I do, however, have a job interview that afternoon, and while I'm concerned with doing well, I don't yet feel nervous. Maybe I won't. As I've gotten older, I find that scenarios like that unnerve me less and less.

To go back, briefly, to my instructor. I don't have him pegged (and that's a good thing, since I only have 2 and a half hours' worth of experience with him), but he strikes me as being accessible and open to engaging his students beyond the confines of the classroom. Off to a good start.

No comments: