Saturday, September 25, 2004

Autumn Weekend

After procuring a new phone, Sarah and I went back to her place, got some Chinese food delivered, and watched "A Mighty Wind." This morning, we woke up, dealt with some boxes she needed to empty of packing peanuts (thousands of them) and break down for disposal, then we got a little breakfast. We picked up Michael and went to Webber's Farmer's Market in Parkville. I got a couple of miniature pumpkins.

Since I've been home I devoted some much needed attention to my desk unit drawers, which were crammed with crap and unhappy to be in this state. I think I'll have a bit of coffee soon. I had a subpar cup earlier that staved off the deprivation headache, but did not satisfy the craving.

I'll sip happily, and do the reading that's been assigned for Poetry Workshop. I've given myself some assignments. Since imitation is touted as a technique for growth, I'm going to begin with Millay and Sexton. I've already started a notebook of samples. I will attempt one imitation a week, at least.

Maybe I'll get one worked in while waiting for Victoria and her Michael to come take me out for a belated birthday dinner.

No comments: