Saturday, September 11, 2004

Today is my middle sister's 21st birthday, and I don't have a valid phone number for her...

That girl changes cell phone companies like some people change underwear. It's bumming me out that she is so unreachable, globally... I will see her next week, but that isn't good enough for me. I can't bear the thought of today passing and her not hearing from me at all.

I just finished writing out checks for all my mid-month bills. I need stamps now, but I can pick some up tomorrow, perhaps. I received my loan reimbursement from Hopkins, so I can pay my credit card company for all the school stuff I bought on my visa. I still have a couple of books to buy for the Poetry Workshop class--but the delay is not my fault. The order was never placed by the campus store, and I didn't know that in time to buy them from someplace else. Good thing that this is not really a reading-intensive class, and that the instructor knows it was a gaffe, so there'll be leniency as communicated in her e-mail to us all.

I've been thinking about the job interview I had on Thursday. I left it with mixed feelings; I don't know if my potential supervisor is someone I can work with or not. I know that an interview is not really representative (for better or worse), but I have learned to pay attention to the subtle vibes that people emit. I'm praying through it. It's not that I've been offered the position, but if I were I'm not certain what I'd say...

I've been watching episodes of 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' and laughing hysterically. What is it about white male angst (Male, Jewish, New Yorker angst to be more specific) that so resonates with me?

Loving the Kafka, which reminds me of an episode of the aforementioned program, or Seinfeld, for which Larry David was partially responsible. Kafka's Trial is seemingly the book about nothing. And it is fabulous.

No comments: