Tuesday, September 14, 2004

I continue to be invigorated by the Poetry Workshop. Now everyone's work has been critiqued by the group except one person, but I have high hopes for her work based on the comments she offered up during last night's meeting. Because the Instructor had a scheduling glitch last Thursday, we made up that class yesterday evening, and will meet again on Thursday for our regularly scheduled session. I'm excited to have my work critiqued again--and unless I change my mind, I've already picked a piece to share at the roundtable.

I have finished the assigned section of the Kafka novel, and am armed with a "problem" I want to address in the text--that of societal and relational emasculation and powerlessness.

On an entirely separate note, I woke up so thirsty this morning. I normally don't drink anything until I get to the office, but I woke up craving orange juice. After an unprecedented two glasses, I had a glass and a half of water. I haven't even started the industrial coffee yet...went to the water cooler for a nice tall one.

I'm going over to WholeFoods in a bit for a nice cuppa, and maybe a little hot breakfast too..

No comments: