Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Restless

I know I will be miserable when my alarm goes off at 6 a.m., but for now sleep is elusive, and I thought it made more sense to blog than to lie in bed waiting...

I am so keyed up. I received a message from a recruiter at an institution to which I applied; she wants to set up an interview. I called her back and left a voicemail message, but have not yet heard back. So, even though this is great news, and it makes me very happy, the loop is not yet closed, and that makes me feel anxious.

I'm also anxious because I go to my Tuesday night class for the first time tomorrow night... but first I have a day of meetings to make it through, one of which I am responsible to lead.

In an effort to reacclimate to being at home for the last hours of my long weeknd, I made a prototype of volume ii of my autumn mix, but after listening to it all the way through I realize that I have a few kinks to work out. During this process I drank way too much coffee or something, because I am just not tired! And of course, I feel unsettled about that, too. I hate it when things aren't finalized. So close, but so far away.

At least I have a retreat to look forward to this coming weekend, and then getting together with G for a belated b-day celebration on sunday late afternoon/evening.
I know this week is going to be okay once it starts, it just can't start soon enough for me...

No comments: