Thursday, March 20, 2003

This blog is not a political one, at least it's not a governmentally-political one. Primarily I concentrate on the politics at work in my relationships, but I have to state for the record that I am not opposed to this war our country has waged. I am not "pro war" in the sense that I don't think the necessity for war (and I know that's debatable) is a cause celebre, or the solution to most international quarrels, but I believe there are times when you have to face the fact that your sanctions and efforts at peace have failed. Strategy and tactical maneuvering, on this scale, I don't pretend to understand completely. But this I do know. There exists the grand irony that sometimes the only way to achieve peace is through war.

I understand, conceptually, why many (many I respect at that) take issue with this war. I'm just saying I don't.

No comments: