Tuesday, March 04, 2003

I may traffic in vignettes, but I am always looking for the common thread in everything that will point toward some conclusive end. I like vignettes because I don't have the attention span for much else... and there is some comfort to be found in extrapolation--the movement between stories where there is no footbridge, and you simply have to leap across and decide for yourself what has transpired. A deft piecing together, I call it. Or am I shamelessly borrowing from someone else's mind?

The truth is already present, hinting at itself in the folds of the pages, waiting for you to find it. Sometimes it hides in conspicuousness. So plain and present that it's skipped right over. It's not always wise to dismiss what is obvious.

This blog's ultimate purpose is to help me locate the thread that is running through my days and nights, weaving in and out of conversations, repeatedly resounding in lessons--and of course I know what I want the thread to be, but what if I get to the end and it's something altogether different? I know. I know. I'll be grateful and make my peace with that thread I wasn't expecting or hoping for.

No comments: