Thursday, March 27, 2003

I just finished my lunch of peanut butter and pumpkin, pecan apple butter on multi-grain bread. If I had to identify the taste of wholesome, that sandwich would be it. Right now I am getting back to my work on an initial assessment of a manuscript I'll be editing. I am very excited about having substantive editorial work again (for the first time in nearly 2 years). And the most beautiful part of my day right now is that it is half over. Imagine. 11:34 and my day is practically gone.

A couple of weeks ago Mr. Renaissance told me that my decision to go into counseling had inspired him, and that he might pursue talking with someone himself. He has a meeting with someone next week. This is all very interesting because based on my conversations with my analyst about him, she is of the mindset that he could definitely benefit from talking to someone about his life. I thought about that, and then I realized that we could all benefit from having trained professionals off of whom to bounce ideas, etc. But I know what she means. There's a woundedness in him that I think he's ready to address--working with his father has brought these issues more to the surface, I think.

I'm looking forward to turning in early tonight. By about 9 or 9:30.



No comments: