Saturday, March 15, 2003

I started a new book called Man Walks Into A Room by Nicole Krauss. This author is a writer, not simply someone who got her book published. I'm looking forward to spending time with my friend, The Trombone Player, this morning for brunch. After that, who knows? I don't know if I mentioned it in this space before or not, but I did apply for a job with a leading company (that had a post opening in NYC among other locales) about a week and a half ago. I got a form e-mail from them last night thanking me for my interest in the position, but saying that they don't feel I am a "good fit" for any of the job openings they've got. I was minimally disappointed, but since I had considered that to be such a long shot, I can't say I was totally surprised. At least I heard back from them, which is more than I can say for some places I've sent my cv (yes, I know that is somewhat different than a res.).

Well, I'm sitting here in my bathrobe and the arrival of my guest is imminent. Better go. Gosh, maybe I'll have to change this blog's name to 'Snippets: A Life in Soundbites.'

No comments: