Friday, March 28, 2003

Back In The Game

The DSL software has been uninstalled and reinstalled, and this, apparently, is what it wanted in order to work. Translation? Katie can blog and check e-mail from home.

I have settled on a game (in addition to the 'how well does the bride know the groom?' standby) for the shower tomorrow that will not require me to have a present to give to the winner. Financially, this was going to be a sticking point for me. I actually didn't even have the means to buy Ms. F. a present. I have to give her one later b/c after paying for the ingredients for the food 'Bina and I are contributing, I don't have much left that's not comandeered for rent. Milestones in the lives of those we love are often very expensive.

In other news I find that my hair post-braids is very awkward. I am having to shove it underneath baseball caps or kerchiefs (obviously not at my place of business). I guess I'm doing the sporty, downhome girl from around the way thing now.

Presently I am awaiting the delivery of some Chinese takeout, and then the great breakfast casserole cookoff begins. It's a brunch shower. Will debrief about the festivities at some point tomororw afternoon.

No comments: