Monday, March 17, 2003

Are You Kidding Me? Stop Eating Food That's Not Yours!-- Note taped on the fridge in the kitchen at work

I began My Name Is Asher Lev by Chaim Potok this morning on the train. The final Verdict on Man Walks Into A Room is that it didn't satisfy me. It is well-written, but I don't think the direction the author took was completely organic, and I don't think the ending was very brave.

Still trying to decide if i'm actually going to Dr. Zhivago's coffee seminar this week. Part of me thinks it will be fun, but it'll alter the time I arrive back at home in the evening, and I really enjoy being back home by 5 p.m. twice a week. Do I really need to do this? I'm always saying I should get out more... maybe it could be the doorway to something interesting.

Well, I am wearing a slimming black sweater and black slacks with grey cardigan outfit today. Completely forgot about St. Patrick's Day... I'm a bit of a traditionalist sometimes; I like observing cultural customs--even if they are just 'popular' culture customs. So, my compromise with myself will be that i'll change into something hunter, olive, or spruce tonight for my outing with Sassafrass Teawrap.

No comments: