Thursday, March 13, 2003

I have to tell you that Was It Beautiful? is a poorly written book in my estimation. It's protagonist is so unlikable that I don't care that his son is dead. Something about the way the author chronicles the lives the story wants to share is unnatural and vexing. I felt it trying to be a clever book and that grated on me. I won't be reading further (I think I got to page 5).

Even though I have to work tomorrow, I will be reporting to my downtown assignment, so the week already feels over to me. It's going to be amazingly low-key. I'm going to begin my day with a grande toffee nut latte and raspberry croissant, I'm going to spend my day flipping casually through grant files and writing down pertinent information that I find in them. At some point, I will go to Subway (Eat Fresh!) for lunch, and then I will spend two more hours casually flipping through grant files. At about 10 minutes to 3, I will leave to catch the Metro to Union Station. By 3:34 my train to Baltimore will be pulling out, and I will be settled into my seat reading a worthy novel until I inevitably drift off to sleep. At 6:30 I'll be headed to an Irish pub for dinner and stout.

It's a charming life in some ways.

No comments: