Sunday, March 02, 2003

Annie Hall

This has been one of my favourite movies since college. I popped it into the vcr this afternoon, not so much to watch, as to let it serve as a backdrop by which to write... e-mails, poems...vignettes...

This movie is also a conversation anchor in my dialogues with Mr. Renaissance. Without fail, at some point during a discussion, he'll say to me "Do you know the part in Annie Hall where..." One more reason I delight in him. He is like a bird with unpredictable migration patterns, but when he comes back onto the horizon, I know what he'll say, what he'll do; I can always tell him by the arc of his swoops; I can intuit his landing before he kisses the earth.

I'm getting information about GRE testing sites in my region. I'm going to register to take the test. Then I'm going to take the test. Then I'm going to grad school.

No comments: