Thursday, March 27, 2003

Cooking by Candlelight

My DSL connection to the internet is on the blink. The only reason I even have a DSL modem is because Baltimore city was not yet equipped with cable modem capability when I moved last summer. Funny how 'Bina and I had it in Derwood, of all places, and yet Charm city remained behind the times on that front. That DSL has been a thorn in my side the whole time I've had it, frankly.

So, while I went through e-mail withdrawal and blogging denial last night, I lit candles (tea lights, mostly) all over the apartment, put on some soothing music, and puttered about--tidying, or whatever. I read a bit. I've started Paul Auster's City of Glass, which definitely has me intrigued at this point. Devika, I envy you your bookclub!

When I was hungry enough to eat, I pan fried some potstickers and made crisp green beans to accompany them. I let them cook together in a balsamic and soy sauce mixture. The result was tasty. I ingested while watching That 70s Show, which I used to think was stupid, but now love.

With my roommate out of town, I find that I miss her, but am loving not having another set of preferences and needs to consider for a couple of days.

I apologized, via e-mail to Ms. F., and found her not even sure what all I was apologizing about. I, of course, had the clarity of knowing my own motivations and intentions on Monday night, and wanted to be proactive about owning that garbage. It's fine. I feel good about her shower on Saturday, even though I have to lead a game, or something. I guess it'll be okay.

No comments: