Friday, March 21, 2003

I Spy An Okay Evening

So, we did not go to the spy club, but we did hang out here at my place with 'Bina and Mikhail (who was in and out rather quickly). Mr. Renaissance was feeling a budget crunch and was crashing from having a lengthy, whirlwind, touristy kind of visit with an out of town friend, so he wanted to opt for something no frills.

It wasn't like at the party where I felt little sparks of magical stuff flying around, probably due to my alcohol intake, and the fact that we were in his car, and he had a on seer sucker suit, which just screams romance. This was just good, basic, and not very anything in particular. He'd gotten a haircut. We ate Italian desserts, told anecdotes, he thumbed through my "exhaustive motorcycle encyclopedia," which I bought to impress him anyway, if I'm being honest, and talked about some of everything.

The one thing that happened that seemed even remotely connotative was when he told a story about his brief teaching stint in which some of his girl students told him he needed a black woman...

I just wish I knew how this is all going to end up.

No comments: